Volunteer founded and volunteer led, our YMCAs depend on the generosity and dedication of more than 937 volunteers across our service area. We welcome volunteers of all ages interested in helping others.
Volunteer opportunities at the Central Connecticut Coast YMCAs run the gambit, from one-time commitments such as helping at a special event to longer-term opportunities such as coaching youth and teen sports and tutoring youth.
The generosity of others is at the core of our existence. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in your own community. As a volunteer, you’ll be working with other caring, committed people who want to make a difference in your community. In addition to feeling great about your efforts, volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Experience personal growth
- Give back to the community through service to others
- Explore and/or discover a hidden passion
- Expand knowledge and skills through training
- Fulfill community service requirements for school credit
- Develop new relationships and make friends
- Gain community service experience to add to college, financial aid, scholarship and employment applications
- Learn, grow and HAVE FUN!
Volunteers are critically important to carrying out our mission, so we ask our program volunteers to go through an application and screening process similar to that of our paid staff members. This process ensures that the best fit is made between the new volunteer and the program they are matched with, while also ensuring the safety.
Focused on creating lasting personal and social change for our community
The Central Connecticut Coast YMCA is governed by our Association Board of Directors that consists of volunteers from throughout the community. Each YMCA branch has its own volunteer Board which sets policy for its executive who manages the operation with full-time and part-time staff and volunteer leaders.
Association Board of Directors
Board of Trustees
- Robert Fiscus – Chair
- John J. Crawford – Vice Chair
- Michael J. Leone – Treasurer
- Jerry H. Stagg III – Secretary
- Sandra J. Brown
- Richard M. Hoyt
- A. Walter Esdaile
- Jeffrey Jones
- Robert J. Lyons, Jr.
- William Maley, Sr.
- Ronald B. Noren