Camping at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Exploring nature, swimming and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in Day Camp. As summer approaches, the Stratford Y reminds parents that camping is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At Day Camp through the Y, campers will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN! We don’t just sit in front of a TV all day, we enjoy nature, play games, learn songs, develop new skills, and we experience camp!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and stories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The Stratford Y provides exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens, and their parents, at our Traditional Day Camp.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go to camp, the Stratford YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!
The Best Summer Ever!
Summer Day Camp
Do you remember your best summer ever? Was your best summer a combination of exploration, activity, education, friends and fun?
Summer is an ideal time for children to get out and explore. A chance to enjoy recreational and educational activities that help them learn, grow and thrive.
For families looking to keep their children’s minds and bodies active, the Y can give them an adventurous, active and healthy summer.
The Stratford Y Camp Parrot Perch provides fun and unique experiences that give children and teens the opportunity to explore, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime. The Best Summer Ever!
Check out our Camp Brochure and Parent Handbook for program details!
To register, please print and fill out the Registration Packet – calculate the deposit, write your check or let us know to use a credit card on file and mail or drop off your forms at the Y – it’s that easy!
If you and your child are interested in our Counselor In Training Program, please follow the directions in our CCC YMCA CIT Application/References document.
If you have questions, join us for one of our Open House events shared in our Brochure, call the Y P 203 375 5844 or email Deanna Bogen or Ashley Fedak. Get ready for your kids to have The Best Summer Ever!
YMCA Camp Hi-Rock is a sleep-away camp located in Western Massachusetts. We are nestled among 1,000 acres in the Berkshire Mountains, surrounded by conservation forest, and centered around our pristine, private, ninety-acre lake. This gives us the ideal backdrop for the wide variety of activities we offer, which include swimming, climbing, water skiing, archery, sailing and arts & crafts among many others. Through the values of the YMCA, Camp Hi-Rock is dedicated to the growth and development of all of the participants we serve. We seek to help each camper develop his or her sense of personal worth and responsibility as a cooperative member of a group. In addition, we want campers to discover, learn, cultivate new skills, develop healthy lifestyles, create meaningful relationships, and become more caring, honest, respectful and responsible people.
Visit us at the Stratford YMCA to speak face to face with a camp representative, view camp videos and slides, and register on the spot!
Thurs. Feb 16, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm or Sat. Mar 11, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Can’t make it to this one? Check out our website for alternative dates: http://camphirock.org/parents/consider-camp/