Health & Wellness
Change Your Choices, Change Your Life
Join the YMCA Healthy Lifestyle program to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating healthier, increasing physical activity, and weight loss.
- Led by a trained lifestyle coach
- Small group setting
- Learn about healthy eating and physical activity
- Reduce body weight
- 16 One hour sessions followed by 8 monthly sessions
Register for an information session today! Dates and times can be found on the schedules page of our web site.
Prevention. Lifestyle. Support.
YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program helps adults at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes reduce their risk for developing the disease by taking steps that will improve their overall health and well-being. Research by the National Institutes of Health has shown that programs like the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program can reduce the number of new cases of type 2 diabetes by 58%, and 71% in adults over the age of 60. Click Here to find out if you qualify and for more information about classes.
Complete Races – Win Prizes
YMCA Race Series
The Y wants to reward your commitment to a healthy lifestyle. As you Participate in “races” all year long, bring in your bib number and get credit. From your local 5k to an Ironman Triathlon, any race counts!
Sign up today and get tips and training help all year long, for FREE!
- Member competing in 5 or more events this year will be en-tered to win the Grand Prize
- Members competing in 2-4 events will be entered to win the 2nd Place Prize
- Members competing in at least 1 event will be entered to win the 3rd Place Prize
Free Introductory Training
As a New Y Member, we would like you to achieve your wellness goals and get the most out of your Y investment. Please sign up for F.I.T. (Free Introductory Training) Sessions so that we can help you get started.
Session #1: Let’s spend some time getting to know each other. Session Goals:
- Understand your goals and expectations together so that we can develop an action plan to ensure your success.
- Get to know your dedicated F.I.T. Coach, who is here to serve you!
- Answer any questions you may have about wellness, equipment and our facility.
- Teach some basic tips so you can hit the ground running.
- Start working towards your wellness goals and having some fun!
Session #2: You’ve begun working towards your goals and you’re starting to get comfortable. After spending some time on your own, it’s natural to have some questions. This critical meeting will help you recognize and overcome the most common obstacles to healthy living. Session Goals:
- Review your progress toward your wellness goals and expectations.
- If you’re interested, learn some innovative tips to help you progress even faster.
- Discuss potential barriers.
- Explore and focus.
Session #3: You’ve gained important knowledge and begun to implement a solid wellness strategy. You’ve made progress, now it’s all about sustaining your improved, healthier lifestyle. This meeting is about maintaining your new habits and keeping up with success over time. Session Goals:
- Define and commit to goals.
- Establish assessment and guideposts to measure progress.
For more information, please speak with the Wellness or Member Service Staff Teams.
Adult Combo Dance
The perfect opportunity to pick up a new talent and get a great workout. Class will combine a combination of ballet and jazz. This class is perfect for adult beginners and for adults who are looking to get back into their old hobby. Location: Multipurpose Room Instructor: Lisa
When: Thursday 7:30-8:30pm
Fees: Member: $94 Community Member: $188
Dance Technique Workshop
Perfect your performance and become a stronger dancer. Receive tips on improving ballet and jazz leaps, turns, kicks, and movement. Class will also include strength and stretch training. Location: Multipurpose Room Instructor: Lisa
Ages: 10 & Up
When: Monday 4:00-5:00pm / Friday 7:00-8:00pm
Fees: $20 drop in fee (must register at least 3 days prior) Member: $100 per session / Community Member: $200 per session
Group Exercise Classes
Ages: 15 and up
Over 60 group exercise classes are available each week! Check out the monthly exercise schedule for more information. Some popular classes include: BODYPUMP™, Ab/stretch, Insanity, Body Sculpt, ZUMBA®, Boot Camp, Cycle, Rep Reebok, Cardio Mix, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, and Pilates.
Days & Times: View our group exercise schedules
Whether you are 15 or 75, an experienced or beginning exerciser, personal training can help you reach your health and fitness goals. Our NASM certified personal trainers will help develop an individualized program that is perfect for you and will support you with expert knowledge, coaching and motivation to help you look, feel and live better.
Registration: Personal Training sessions are sold in one hour increments and are scheduled between members and trainers.
|One on One||2-3 Person Group|