Camping at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Exploring nature, swimming, shooting bows & arrows and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in Day Camp. As summer approaches, the Lakewood-Trumbull Y reminds parents that camping is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At Day Camp through the Y, campers will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN! We don’t just sit in front of a TV all day, we enjoy nature, play games, learn songs, develop new skills, and we experience camp!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and stories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The Lakewood-Trumbull Y provides exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens, and their parents, at Camp Tepee.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go to camp, the Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!
For more information, contact the Lakewood-Trumbull Y at 203 445 9633
Relax, Explore and Play at Our Outdoor YMCA
Join the Lakewood-Trumbull Y Family Outdoor Center this summer!
Our 47 acre facility includes 3 pools, a pond for fishing as well as boating, basketball and tennis courts, mini golf, concession stand and a 2500 square foot pavilion. Located at 204 Stanley Road in Monroe, the Y Outdoor Family Center is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Information includes Outdoor Center Flyer and Membership Registration Form
|Center Hours/Pool Hours:
||June 23 – Sept 1
||11:00 pm – 7:30 pm
||10:00 am – 5:00 pm
To register or request additional information about the YMCA Outdoor Center, please contact us during the off-season at 203.445.9633 or after May 1st at 203.261.2566
Endless Summer Fun
At Camp Tepee, Gymnastics Camp and our Sports Clinics!
You can expect all of the annual summer favorites from the Lakewood-Trumbull Y – swim lessons, arts and crafts, archery, sports clinics and gymnastics programs. Our programs are designed for children from 3-15 years old.
At Camp Tepee, we have a new zip line – a new way to give our campers an adrenaline rush!
Discovery Campers will be part of Camp Tepee’s full day camp program. They will also have pre and post care options available!
Your child is sure to have fun, make new friends, grow as a person, and make memories that will last you a lifetime at Camp Tepee, Gymnastics Camp or at a Sports Clinic.
We look forward to seeing you at the Lakewood-Trumbull Y this summer! Browse our 2014 Summer Day Camp Brochure: Camp Brochure
To register download, pickup or have us mail you the registration packet. Registration Packet Fill out the registration forms. Calculate the deposit. Write out your check and either mail or drop off your check and all the forms at the Y. Parent Handbook
CCC YMCA Summer Camp CIT Application_References
Camp and Outdoor Center
Our facility opens the Saturday before Memorial Day and closes after Labor Day. We offer summer pool memberships, group and private swim lessons, swim team, pool parties, and group rentals.
Our Camp and Outdoor Center offers 3 pools, snack bar, boating, tennis, basketball, rental, birthday parties, swim lessons and home to our summer day camp, Camp Tepee.
204 Stanley Road
Monroe, CT 06468
P 203 261 2566
F 203 261 3146
Get Directions »
For more information about Outdoor Family Center Membership fees or Aquatics, please call 203 445 9633. Lakewood-Trumbull Y Outdoor Center Registration Form