Camping at the Y offers an Experience for children and teens, not just care.
Exploring nature, swimming, shooting bows & arrows and making new friends are just some aspects of the experience of participating in Day Camp. As summer approaches, the Lakewood-Trumbull Y reminds parents that camping is a unique and invaluable experience for children and teens.
At Day Camp through the Y, campers will try things they have never tried before, build a relationship with our caring staff or a new friend, and of course, HAVE LOTS OF FUN! We don’t just sit in front of a TV all day, we enjoy nature, play games, learn songs, develop new skills, and we experience camp!
According to our friends at the Y, there are five reasons why kids should experience summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, field trips, arts & crafts and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and stories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of stories to share!
The Lakewood-Trumbull Y provides exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens, and their parents, at Camp Tepee.
To ensure that every child and teen has the chance to go to camp, the Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. We believe that no one should be turned away because of their inability to pay. Come, let us help!
For more information, contact the Lakewood-Trumbull Y at 203 445 9633
Camp: More Than Summer Fun
Summer Day Camp, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character, making friends and having fun. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
Camp teaches self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership—all amidst the fun of songs, games, arts & crafts, and meaningful relationships. Y counselors are dedicated to making sure camp is an amazing experience for every camper. The Y offers experiences for youth entering Pre K through ninth grade with a Counselor in Training program for 14-15 year olds.
To learn more about Camp Tepee, Gymnastics Camp and our Sports Clinics please review our 2016 Camp Brochure or call 203 445 9633. Brochure: 2016 Summer Camp Brochure
To register, please fill out the documents and bring them to the Y! Many weeks fill to capacity fast! 2016 Summer Camp Registration Packet
Bus Transportation details are here: 2016 Bus Info
For day-to-day program details, please review our 2016 Parent Handbook. 2016 Day Camp Parent Handbook
If your child is 14-15 years of age, they may be interested in our Counselor in Training program. In our CIT program, they will receive valuable job interviewing skills, child care training, leadership experience, teambuilding and problem solving skills. To apply please fill out the application and contact the Y for an interview. 2016 CCC YMCA CIT Application
More than Summer Fun!
Camp and Outdoor Center
Our facility opens the Saturday before Memorial Day and closes after Labor Day.We offer summer pool memberships, group and private swim lessons, swim team, pool parties, and group rentals.
Our Camp and Outdoor Center offers 3 pools, snack bar, boating, tennis, basketball, rental, birthday parties, swim lessons and home to our summer day camp, Camp Tepee.
204 Stanley Road
Monroe, CT 06468
P 203 261 2566
F 203 261 3146
Get Directions »
For more information about Outdoor Family Center Membership fees or Aquatics, please call 203 445 9633.