Make A Difference
When you support and are involved with the Y, you help bring about lasting personal and social change. Whether you want to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve your or your family’s health and well-being, or give back and support your neighbors, your involvement with the Y positively impact those in your community.
As the leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y works side-by-side with you, our neighbor, every day to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. You make this possible through your support.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING: VOLUNTEER AT THE Y
HOW CAN I GIVE BACK?
Your generosity and the generosity of other like-minded members of our community is the core of our organization’s success. Volunteer opportunities at the Central Connecticut Coast YMCA run the gambit, from one-time commitments such as working to raise funds to support our Financial Assistance programs, to helping at a special event, to longer-term opportunities such as coaching youth and teen sports and tutoring youth.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH THE YMCA
The YMCA offers volunteers a chance to improve the lives of children and families and to make our communities stronger. In addition to feeling great about your efforts, volunteers have the opportunity to:
- Experience personal growth
- Create opportunities for your neighbors to participate at the Y
- Give back to the community through service to others
- Explore and/or discover a hidden passion
- Expand knowledge and skills through training and hands on experiences
- Fulfill community service requirements for school credit
- Develop new relationships and make friends
- Gain community service experience to add to college, financial aid, scholarship and employment applications
- Learn, grow and HAVE FUN!
Volunteers are critically important to carrying out our mission, so we ask our program volunteers to go through an application and screening process similar to that of our paid staff members. You are a part of the team! This process ensures that the best fit is made between you and the program you are working with, while also ensuring we adhere to our safety protocols.
Focused on creating lasting personal and social change for our community
The Hamden/North Haven YMCA is governed by our Board of Managers that consists of volunteers from throughout our communities.
- James J. McGuinness, Chair
- Lisa Barbarotta
- Mark Candido
- Amanda Forcucci
- Chris LaTorraca
- Lenny Lye
- Carmine Monaco
- Katrina Rice