Time For Fun
1-2-3 Jump! Whether you’re cooling down from the summer heat or want to practice your cannonball skills, the Bridgeport Y Pool is the place to have fun on Wednesday nights with your family. All levels are welcome. A parent/guardian, at least 18 years of age, must accompany any child 5 and under in the water at all times.
Parents/guardians of children under age 8 who have passed the swim test must remain on the pool deck. All swimmers age 8 or older who have passed the swim test may use the pool on their own.
Any non-swimmer must have an adult in the water within arm’s reach.
Program Fee: Adults (18 and over) $10 / Children (17 and under) $5
When: Wednesday 6:30- 8:30pm
For more information call Justine Dupree, Aquatic Director P 203 334 5551 X 2416 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Kids’ Minds and Bodies Active
The Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.