FALL FAMILY FUN WEEKEND: OCTOBER 26-28 2018
Join us and celebrate the best of fall in the Berkshires with a host of family friendly activities:
-Specialty fall crafts, hay rides, high & low ropes, and cozy campfires with s’mores
-Scenic hikes with breathtaking views of famous Berkshire fall foliage
-Take a stroll through our very own pumpkin patch
-Everyone is welcome: families, individuals, kids, adults & seniors!
For more information visit http://camphirock.org/camps/group-camping-retreats/
Keeping Kids’ Minds and Bodies Active
The Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.