Healthy Kids Day – Saturday April 21 – 10am-1pm
Join us to Awaken Summer Imagination
Are the kids in your life already dreaming of summer? When kids are inspired, they can do anything. Let’s awaken their imagination so they can explore new activities and healthy habits. Join us!
Kick off Summer on Healthy Kids Day! Saturday, April 21 10am-1pm
This event is FREE and open to the public
Keeping Kids’ Minds and Bodies Active
The Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.