Life Skills Save Lives
Become a Certified Lifeguard!
If you’re 15 or older and looking for a great part time job or a challenging career, that’s in demand, the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program is one of the best places to start.
Learning is fun and easy! Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn—
- Rescue skills for use in the water and on land.
- First aid and professional rescuer CPR/AED training to help you prepare for an emergency.
- Professional lifeguard responsibilities.
- Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries.
- Swim a minimum of 550 yards continuously in a prone position.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Swim 20 yards, feet-first surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object return to
- surface swim 20 yards hold object with both hands keeping face at or near pool surface.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface, and swim 5 yards to the side of the pool.
Choose the class that works best for you!
Dates and Times: March 4-April 7 (no class Easter class held Saturday before) 1 -6pm Sundays pre-test March 4 at 4pm
April 8-15 6-9:30pm M-F and Sat, Sun 1-6pm pre-test April 8 at 4pm
April 9- 13 10am-4pm M-F and Sat, Sun 1-6pm pre-test April 8 at 4pm
April 29-May 6 6-9:30pm M-F and Sat, Sun 1-6pm pre-test April 29 at 4pm
May 13-20 6-9:30pm M-F and Sat, Sun 1-6pm pre-test May13 at 4pm
Fees: Member: $275 / Community Member: $375 CPR pocket mask and participant manual included
Contact : MScinto@cccymca.org or 203 255 2834 ext. 2318