Life Skills, Save Lives at 11-14 years old
Become a certified junior Lifeguard
Are you interested in lifeguarding – but not quite old enough yet? This course is designed to give 11 to 14 year olds a sneak peek into what it takes to become a great lifeguard. We cover all the basics and get you ready to enter the American Red Cross Lifeguarding program when you turn 15. Digital certificate available upon successful completion of course.
- Introduction to lifeguarding
- Lifesaving skills
- Leadership skills
- Professional development
COURSE PREREQUISITES Before entering Junior Lifeguarding, participants must demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
- Swim the breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
- Tread water for 1 minute using arms and legs.
- Show a level of comfort on the back by floating on the back for 30 seconds or swimming on the back for 25 yards using the elementary backstroke or back crawl.
- Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet under water.
ENROLL TODAY! Junior Lifeguarding
Dates and Times: August 7 – 11 Monday – Friday 11am – 2pm
Fees: Member: $100 / Community Member: $200. CPR pocket mask and participant handouts included