Lap Swimming Etiquette
- Swimmers are encouraged to contribute to an atmosphere of cooperation and courtesy.
- Always enter from the shallow end.
- A maximum of five swimmers are permitted in each lane during lap swimming.
- Please swim with others of similar speed. Lifeguards will move swimmers to the appropriate lane when necessary.
- Always let swimmers in your lane know when you are entering the water.
- Always circle swim counter-clockwise when three or more swimmers are in a lane.
- Fins and/or kickboards are not permitted during circle swim.
- Allow faster swimmers to pass. Passing always occurs on the left of the swimmer or at the end walls.
- Do not stand at the ends of the pool for an extended period of time.
- Teens age fourteen and older may participate in lap swimming.